Charging the fashion battlefield

Friday, May 17, 2013


 The military trend has crept into my closet along with millions of others. I think I saw at least one New Yorker on every street wearing one form or another of the camouflage print since I have been here. The military trend has stayed strong and evolved over the years. If camo isn't for you, you don't have to suit up. There are numerous options out there so you can still achieve a military look. Most of the styles of bomer and military jackets resemble the jackets women wore in WWII. 
Try to find a simple jacket that is cinched in at the waist to accentuate or give you some curves. You can also find jackets with embellishments like epaulets or gold buttons for a military vibe. 
I am obsessed with my new gold chain necklace! I found the classy piece at a retro thrift shop in downtown Omaha called the Flying Worm, it was practically a steal! I have a feeling I'll be getting a lot of use of this beaut!





New York Update:

On Wednesday we went on a shopping tour through SoHo and Nolita, visiting various eclectic and charming boutiques. We stopped in over a dozen boutiques that included accessories, clothing, beauty, shoes, and novelty shops. Each shop was unique in its own that it differed from other chain store or mass-market retailers. It was fun to be able to see, feel, and learn about all of the different and artisanal items. We had an awesome tour guide from ZTrend who made the tour even more special! 


In good faith, Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground
UA-57667807-1