new york day 1

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A few things I learned yesterday:
-You are a pain in the behind for everyone if you lose your license at the airport
-There are many stylish men in Ny... following up with there are many attractive men in Ny
-Indian food is divine
-Google maps is a fantastic app
-No matter what happens, it's going to be an adventure

And at last I have purchased (or kindly my mother did), a green army jacket.
And it was on sale! POW! The wait was definitely worth it
Found this treasure at a retro thrift shop in DT Omaha--The Flying Worm
J. Crew Hat // BCBG dress // vintage watch // Gianni Bini jacket // Michael Kors cross body // lucky sandals

When we flew in yesterday morning over the New York skyline, I couldn't resist doing my "happy clap". Whenever I get really excited about something, like a good ending to a movie or I find an item that is just my size on sale, my hands have a mind of their own and I can't control them...so, I think I'm doing something right by being here.
 We are currently staying in the east village for a week until my room opens in Brooklyn. We went on a walking tour of the Brooklyn Heights area, which is the neighborhood my dorm will be in, and I fell in love. The neighborhood is far quieter from the city, people stop and say hello, which isn't like your typical Ny. My dorm will be a few blocks from the promenade, so I'll be able to run by the water and the skyline of the city, if I decide running isn't torture, but it's a wonderful thought. Throughout the day I still couldn't resist doing my "happy clap", possibly making me look like even more of a tourist, if taking pictures of every single building didn't already give it away. But I have a feeling soon I'll be smiling to myself, "ah tourists", now that I've been here more than a day and am starting to feel at home.
And can I just say it is a truly amazing feeling to be finally blogging the city I have dreamt about blogging in for years!  More to come over the next few days, now I am off for more adventures in my new city! Today we are off to discover Soho, see you all soon!

Brooklyn Heights Promenade
Puerto rican restaurant in the East Village


In good faith, Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground
UA-57667807-1