Throwback Thursday: The Overall Comeback

Thursday, June 27, 2013


As a child I sported overalls on a regular basis. Now 12 years later the denim one-piece is no longer just for the farm or the 10 and younger crowd. This look is either a yes or no for some, but overall I think the trend is pretty dang cute.

You can easily compare overalls to boyfriend jeans. They aren’t the most feminine and they’re fairly casual, so I suggest pairing the one-piece with a pair of girly sandals or strappy stilettos. Any shoe will work, but I opted for a pair of platform wedges. 
A few personal Dos & Don’ts
  • Do try one side un-buttoned
  • Don’t pair your overalls with a plaid shirt unless you’re headed to the rodeo
  • Do wear collared tops, bralettes, t-shirts and tanks underneath
  • Don’t buy overalls that are too tight, keep them slightly fitted or loose
  • Do add accessories that are modern and stylish
  • Don’t be afraid to try overalls in fabrics other than denim

I styled my overalls with a bralette and a pair of platform wedges. I then accessorized with a hair bow, SHWOOD sunglasses, and my favorite new designer brand for accessories, Devoted. The Devoted bracelets are the perfect pieces to create the ultimate arm party.  

Overalls: Vintage (similar) // Shoes: Zara // Bracelets: Devoted // Sunglasses: SHWOOD //
Bralette: BCBGeneration (similar


So what are your thoughts on the trend? If you're feeling bold give it a try, I think your inner child will thank you. ;)

In good faith, Tess


2 comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground
UA-57667807-1