20 somethings can wear tutus

Monday, October 28, 2013



new york sweat shirt
love and laugh
statement jewelry with simple shirt
tutu
gold fashion rings
fashion tutu
nude pumps
crop top sweatshirt
{Tutu} {Forever 21 Sweatshirt} {Forever 21 Heels} {Tj Maxx necklace} {Jcrew bracelet}


My o my, it has been quite a while since I last posted. Since then, I’m back from New York, I’ve redone my blog, and three weeks ago I turned 21. My very talented friend, Hayley Christiansen, is a complete rockstar and is helping me out with photography, so I am excited for what is to come for In good faith, Tess.

Turning 8 in the Bigando family was a big deal. This was the age we got our ears pierced, which was absolutely necessary as a kid in the 90s. The next hyped up birthday with my 16th. My birthday was far from MTV’s “sweet sixteen”, my birthday plans only consisted of dinner at Valentino’s with the family (their dessert pizza is a guilty pleasure of mine.) But even before I turned 16, I thought I had my life’s timeline all figured out. I expected to be married to Justin Timberlake at 22 with curly blonde kids to follow. It’s easy to want to follow society’s expectations of what your age signifies. . . but over the course of the past year I didn’t just turn 21 and meet yet another benchmark, I’ve learned more about who I am and what I want in my life than I could ever have dreamt up when I was 8 or 16… and I never thought I’d be wearing a tutu at 21 either. Sometime in our 20s we try to carve a meaningful path, find what we are truly passionate about, and then find success. But then we are constantly reminded that these are our college years, that we only have 4 years (or 6 like my dad likes to joke) to be ‘irresponsible’. My parents raised me to chase after my dreams, but there comes a point where we have to look at our dreams as an adult, not an 8 year old. There needs to be a plan, not just a dream. And that plan has to be feasible. For me, my dream is moving to New York. I had a taste of the city this summer, and it was magical. Now it is time to work my butt off and focus my attention on thoughts that make a difference. And then New York you will be seeing me very soon. . .

In good faith,
Tess 

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful are you sweet girl. You sure do have a talent.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground
UA-57667807-1