man·re·pell·er

Wednesday, October 30, 2013


suspenders
leather
knuckle rings
floral
suspenders
leather
knuckle rings

{leather overalls} {collective concepts floral shirt} {old forever 21 booties}


I am a self-proclaimed ‘man repeller’. Not in the sense that I physically repulse men, but my overalls sure aren’t luring men in by the dozens . . . Below my favorite blogger, Leandra Medine, defines a ‘man repeller'.


man·re·pell·er1  [mahn-ree-peller]
–noun
outfitting oneself in a sartorially offensive mode that may result in repelling members of the opposite sex. Such garments include but are not limited to harem pants, boyfriend jeans, overalls (see: human repelling), shoulder pads, full length jumpsuits, jewelry that resembles violent weaponry and clogs.
–verb (used without object),-pell·ing, -pell·ed.
to commit the act of repelling men:
Girl 1: What are you wearing tonight?
Girl 2: My sweet lime green drop crotch utility pants, of course.
Girl 1: Oh, so we’re man repelling tonight?


Whether I’m sporting my bright orange harem pants, tutu, boyfriend jeans or any of the above mentioned, I always seem to get some unfavorable responses from the opposite sex. Mouths drop. Eyebrows rise.  And then men seem to run away as fast as possible (minor exaggeration.)  Many women commented on Leandra’s post, commenting that women who classify themselves as “man repellers,” end up whining about why they are single after the fact. My response… if I dressed for men, I’d walk around naked.  But I’ll do society a favor and stick with these overalls.


In good faith,
Tess

14 comments:

  1. Love the leather dungarees, they look great with the floral top underneath :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The reason most people don't recognize opportunity is because it's usually dressed in overalls and looks like hard work."

    -Thomas A. Edison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man repeller or not these overalls are lovely! xx

    blancheneve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Bianca! I'll be sure to stop by your blog :)

      Delete
  4. Love those shoes girlie!! You look so pretty and I love your blog

    xo Mel
    turquoise blonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear!! Hope to see you stop by again :)

      Delete
  5. Love the outfit! Looks great! Those shoes are a must-have, gotta find some booties like them!
    Monique, The Flair Society

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Monique! Hope to see your revisit soon:)


      in good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  6. Women don't dress for men they dress for women....sounds so ridiculous but anyone who has amazing style dresses with such perfection a man could never understand aka these overalls I am dying and need them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha it is so true! thank you jenn!! Hope to see you stop by again soon! :)

      in good faith,
      Tess

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground
UA-57667807-1