Double the Denim

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Denim on Demin | In good faith, Tess
Denim on Denim | In good faith, Tess
J. Crew statement earrings | In good faith, Tess
Denim & Leather fashion | In good faith, Tess
Denim on denim fashion | In good faith, Tess
Zara statement clutch | In good faith, Tess
Fashion blog | In good faith, Tess
fashion blog | In good faith, Tess
Denim on denim | In good faith, Tess | fashion blog
*Christiansen Photography
{Denim jacket: Togs} {Flying Monkey jeans: Togs} {Kenneth Cole Wedges} {J. Crew Earrings}
{Talia Hancock tee: Togs} {Zara Clutch} {Bite Lipstick}


It was a shining moment.  I was being pulled in a come hither kind of way.  These jeans were like, "Come here. I'm perfect for your hips and butt."  Their seductive allure and ombre fade reeled me in. Looks can only go so far, the fit was the next test.  Skinny jeans are notorious for being a tight squeeze, sometimes even forcing you to jump as you pull them up, or am I the only one who does that?  But these bad boys fit like a glove.  I could do lunges, jumping jacks, and even the splits in them ( HA, I can’t do the splits ).  This may be the closest I’ve been to finding my perfect “pair”.  Starting to sound like an “I love lamp” moment?  But these jeans…man, we went together perfectly.  Like peanut butter & jelly, salt and pepper, and now denim and denim (?), light with dark, dark with dark, or light with light… Yep, it’s a trend with endless possibilities.  When choosing my separates I chose denim that were a few shades apart, pairing distressed jeans with an acid washed, leather sleeved denim jacket.  As far as accessories, I opted for simple studded wedges, contrasting statement earrings and bold lips.  If you’re not fully comfortable for the full on denim look, try colored denim or you can help break up the denim with a white tee.  How do you feel about wearing double the denim?
  
With finishing up my fall semester, starting to teach exercise classes again, and holiday festivities, the past few weeks have been utter madness.  Which in turn has left me no time to blog, let alone sleep.  I plan to spend my next few weeks of break with family and friends, catching up on sleep, and at last finishing the book, “The Man Repeller”.  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, surrounded by loved ones and good company. 


In good faith, 
Tess

19 comments:

  1. very cool! I love that clutch!

    http://sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ladies, it's one of my favorites! :)

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  2. Love the jacket and all the pops of colors!
    Thanks for following my blog, following yours back :)

    christelpaola.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christel, I appreciate the follow :)

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  3. Great outfit! Finding the perfect jeans is the best-- enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! They are hard to find sometime, huh?

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I love he denim on denim look and the back of that shirt is awesome! xx Kat


    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you Kat! Denim on denim is new for me, except for my trial and many errors when I was 7. HA!

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  5. Love the outfit, that jacket is great! I nominated you for a Liebster Award!
    xo
    Laure Elise

    http://laureneliise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you Lauren! That is so sweet of you, and I must admit I'll have to see what this is!

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  6. I love your style! And your so pretty :) thanks for following, followed back xxx

    www.niviisdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nivii! :)

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  7. love your style!
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita, I'll be sure to stop by your blog!

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  8. super duper cool jacket dear :D
    Btw Happy New Year :)
    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Putri! and happy new year to you!

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  9. Lovely purse! xx

    blancheneve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shades of bright colours... I've just found out your blog and love what I've read! Great work :) I follow you on blogger <33

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground
UA-57667807-1