Baring It All

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

boyfriend jeans + screen print tee | In good faith, Tess
reflective sunglasses | In good faith, Tess
Grungy Chic | In good faith, Tess
hologram purse | In good faith, Tess
reflective sunglasses + screen print tee | In good faith, Tess
Grungy chic | In good faith, Tess
Neon detail black pumps | In good faith, Tess
{Flying Monkey boyfriend jeans | Togs} {Joia hologram clutch | Togs} {Leather detailed vest | Togs} {Signorelli tee | Togs} {C. LABEL heels} {Le Specs sunglasses} {Bite vibrant magenta lipstick}

bare 
adj. bar·er, bar·est
        1. Lacking the usual or appropriate covering or clothing; naked:
tr.v. bared, bar·ing, bares
        1. To make bare; uncover or reveal


I'm not trying to throw a pity party, but tonight I’m baring another side of me beyond my arms.  Lately I’ve been feeling discontent and vulnerable.  We’ve all had those days, no?  You feel delicate, weak, and insignificant.  You can’t bring yourself to reach out to someone.  It could be pride, insecurities, or you may not have an explanation as to why your heart is aching.  My thoughts and overthinking consumed me, and I allowed my doubts to get the best of me.  We are all worth far more than we, or anyone else, can even fathom.  But that in itself can be hard to truly, and wholeheartedly believe.  All of these feelings are real, which is just another reminder that perfection isn’t achievable.  We must hold ourselves to a standard of grace, not perfection.  Then our authentic and true self can be revealed, the most beautiful version of oneself.
I am sharing this because as in every situation, I try to learn something valuable.  In a world where a lot of things don’t make sense, I love that I can fall back on my faith, close relationships, and what I am passionate about.  The fashion world has always been a special place for me, a sanctuary and then in turn blogging seemed like the perfect escape.  When I first started blogging a year ago, I think I focused too much on what other bloggers were doing and I realized I wasn’t being true to myself.  I took some time off from writing, and during that time I decided I wanted my blog to be entirely authentic and real, almost raw.  Because at the end of the day, this blog is my personal diary and I hope that by putting myself out there, I may inspire someone.  Whether it is through my style and attempted humor, or when I go more outside of my comfort zone like today.  I’m sorry for all of this probably, unexpected sadness.  It really isn’t like me, but this just bares another part of who I am, and I want my blog to be a reflection of that.

In good faith, 
Tess

34 comments:

  1. you look great! love your shirt!
    happy weekend!

    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! :)

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  2. Hey! beautiful style you have! :) and I don't really follow for follow! but love your style :) xoxo andystyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andy,
      Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it :)

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  3. I am most obsessed with those earrings!!! Where are they from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nina, they are my go-to earrings lately! I got them from a boutique in Lincoln, Ne- called Stella's boutique.

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  4. amazing outfit !! love the make up, the earrings, the sunglasses, the bag and the shoes <3 <3
    What about follow each other?
    Let me know :)
    have a great week-end <3
    xx
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Veronica, thank you! Just checked out your blog and love your style! And I'd love to!- just followed you:)

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  5. Hi dear, tnx for your lovely comment on my blog!
    What a chic look!! I love everything about it! Your heels are to die for! ;)


    http://anatkoren.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love, and you are welcome! Stay in touch!

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  6. Love your purse and earrings! xx
    Thanks for passing by my blog, lovely!

    blancheneve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment dear!

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  7. You wrote your feelings in such a beautiful way! I adore how easy it is for you write. I cannot always make my thoughts into words, sadly.
    For me blogging is the same- it is my safe zone, my escape from the reality! And aI agree that we shouldn't compare ourselves to other bloggers, because I personally read a blog, because it is unique and not something that I have seen elsewhere!
    Anyways, I really like your outfit, the vest looks super good together with that t-shirt!

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Maddie. Your comment truly means a lot to me, so thank you:) I'd love to stay in touch and maybe collaborate!

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  8. How are you?
    Great outfit, Especially the shoes

    With love, Bárbara
    www.preppylemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear, i'm wonderful, you?
      Thank you for stopping by, hope to see you back :)

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  9. Its nice to see another side to someone. And it is true that sometimes people do get vulnerable and feel the need to take some time off. Girl i love your blog and I can see you've worked hard on it.

    www.niviisdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you so much! Your comment means so much to me, thank you dear!! Makes my heart so happy hahah

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  10. Amazing combo and style! I really love this combination of colours and pieces... Your lipstick is incredible <3333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! When I first picked that lipstick out, I was with my sister and she thought I was crazy- but I LOVE it!


      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  11. I like entire look but the vest is my favorite! You look so cool!

    jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for stopping by! :) I'll be sure to stop by your blog:)

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  12. I really like your outfit and I love the lipstick. What is the lipstick you wearing ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marta! My lipstick is Bite, and the color is vibrant magenta. The link is above, but I copied it here again for you! http://www.sephora.com/luminous-creme-lipstick-P283903

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  13. Love this look! I have been in a long search for the perfect military jacket but this is fabulous!

    Jenn
    Check out my blog here: blondetruth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great outfit!!!Very beautiful)Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know in my blog. xoxo
    http://www.elationofcreation.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such a lovely blog!! I just followed you! You're such a good photographer!


    http://ncolesnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your blog
    followed
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your bag! It is so unique, along with your shoes! You have a very nice blog!
    Check out my fashion blog if you like! Let me know if you want to follow each other.

    -Chloé Akari

    chloeakari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute post! I love the colors and pieces of your outfit! Specially those pumps! But I love what you wrote too! I've definitely felt a little lost since I started blogging too but like you said, it's a matter of being true to yourself!
    Kat | www.poshbykat.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. simply beautiful! I love all of your accessories: earrings, bag and your stunning pumps!
    kiss
    www.blackstarstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great outfit!
    Love how you styled it :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog! Would you like to follow each other via Bloglovin or GFC?
    www.voguevillain.com
    www.voguevillain.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground
UA-57667807-1