New Year, New..?

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

cheetah print dress | In good faith, Tess
cheetah & bright lips | In good faith, Tess
cheetah & leather cap | In good faith, Tess
metallic studded clutch | In good faith, Tess
cheetah dress | In good faith, Tess
aldo sneaker booties | In good faith, Tess
aldo sneaker booties | In good faith, Tess
cheetah & leather cap | In good faith, Tess

* Photos by Hayley Christiansen
{Eighty Six dress | Togs} {Joia clutch | Togs} {Leather cap | similar} {Mac 'Vegas Volt' lipstick}
{Aldo sneaker boots} {Michael Kors watch}

The start of a new year is historically a tricky time of year for me.  Everyone begins to make resolutions in hopes to improve themselves, do something better, or different.  And every year I suffer from a case of FOMO (fear of missing out), so year after year I seem to make a health related resolution… and for as long as I’ve… well,  known myself, my planned resolutions go astray.  It’s just that the gym and I have a really unstable relationship… similar to my feelings toward cheetah print.  My love with the print began shortly after “The Cheetah Girls” movie came out and my obsession only grew.  If you don’t know what movie I’m talking about, shame on you, or clearly you weren’t a pre-teen during the 90s.  My feelings were basically, “not cheetah print, not interested.”  Then several years later I got over the fad and I don’t think I’ve owned another article of leopard print clothing since.  The animal print conjured up images in my mind of 40-something year old cougar women trying too hard and Jersey Shore guidettes.  I’m honestly not exactly sure why I correlated “cougars” with the print besides of the whole name thing, but something with the print read ‘desperate’ to me, and dare I say it, ‘trashy’?  Harsh?  Yes.  But this cheetah print dress brings out more than my normal amount of sass.  After finding this dress, I am all like “Ooooh, this is dress is great. I think I need cheetah shoes now too.”  So this year, cheetah print, I’m telling you that I am all in.  (And gym, maybe next year.)


In good faith,
Tess

24 comments:

  1. you look just wonderful! great style!
    following you, too!

    happy day!

    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, gorgeous look! I love the dress!
    you have a new follower! :)

    RUBYREDIRIS.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iris!! :)

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  3. Haha I love how light hearted your post is, very enjoyable read :) have to say, me and cheetah print have had the same relationship as yourself, but I'm totally embracing it now. Pretty ashamed to admit how much of the print I own at this stage, I could literally dress head to toe in it if I wanted haha.
    Love that you're laughing in your pics rather than the pouts on a lot of other blogs!

    Ps I'm your new follower :D it'd be great if you returned the favour, let me know :)

    www.pookybanana.blogspot.ie

    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thanks for all your kind words Hannah! Truly means a lot to me :)

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  4. Love how clean & streamlined your blog is & I love the animal print dress! Very edgy.

    The Fashann Monster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet words! I'll be sure to stop by your blog!

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  5. looking so pretty i realy realy love it ......
    check our store ....
    Designer Emporio Fashion Leather Jackets
    http://femensleatherjackets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll check out the website!

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  6. your blog is such a really nice and cool blog! love your photos, your dress is also gorgeous!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellyzabeth, so sweet of you!

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  7. The dress looks fabulous on you- it fits you like a glove & compliments your body so well! I wasn't into leopard/cheetah print not even that much time ago, as well. But day by day I starting to get really fond of it! Though, I think I would like to start small- with shoes or clutch maybe! :)
    Great outfit & I love your writing! :)

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maddie, I love it as well- so comfy!! But I totally agree with starting small, even though this wasn't "small", I went out of my comfort zone a bit!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  8. Great post!
    http://www.fashionhypnotised.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! I'll be sure to stop by your blog:)

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  9. Really love the sporty combination.

    LoVe

    www.sugarpopfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sporty is a great word to describe it! Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you back! :)

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  10. cool! i love evrything from head to toe :D


    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be sure to stop by your blog!

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Awh, thank you Christel! so sweet of you :)

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground
UA-57667807-1