The Liebster Award

Wednesday, January 15, 2014


A few days ago, I was nominated for the Liebster award. With being fairly new to blogging, I was completely clueless to what this “award” was. However, have no fear dear readers! With the help of Google and the two lovely bloggers who nominated me, I am now in the “know”. Thank you so much to Lauren, of Lauren Elise, and Juliet, of Jules, Truly, for both nominating me!!

If you go back to the origins of the word “Liebster”, which is German, it means sweet, beloved, darling, dearest, pleasant, valued, lovely, kind, endearing, and welcoming.  That’s sweet no?  The Liebster award is given by fellow bloggers to new and upcoming blogs with smaller followings, but with huge potential. This award does not have declared “winner” or a “prize”, but it’s just another great way to support fellow bloggers and find new blogs!

{The rules of the Liebster award are as follows:}
·      Mention the person who nominated you with a link to their blog
·      Answer the 11 questions they asked
·      Nominate 11 other bloggers with a smaller following, but a lot of potential
·      Create 11 questions of your own for them to answer
·      Notify your nominees

{Below are my answers to Juliet and Elise’s questions:} 
1.    Why did you start a blog?
Completely unknowledgeable about blogging, which I still kind of consider myself, I started my first blog as I was going into my sophomore year of college. The fashion world has always been a special place for me, a sanctuary, and then in turn blogging seemed like the perfect escape. I’m not sure where it’ll lead me, but it can only be positive.
2.    Favorite place ever visited and why?
New York City. I went there for the first time with a class during high school and absolutely fell in love! Then last summer I spent three months interning and living in the city for a startup fashion e-commerce website, Artissano. It was a magical summer, and I am completely itching out of my skin to return.
3.    What is your can't-live-without beauty item?
I’m kind of a mascara junkie, and right now my favorite is the Falsies mascara from Maybelline. 
4.    Number one goal for 2014?
Make it back to New York this summer!!!!!!!!!!! (Yes, all those exclamation points are needed.) So the big goal is essentially saving!
5.    Something your readers probably don't know about you?
I use to teach exercise classes for about 2 years and now I am starting to teach again. (Wish me luck!)
6.    What's the most adventurous thing you've done thus far?
Hmm..  probably when I moved to New York this past summer not knowing a single soul besides my cousin and his girlfriend.
7.    What would be your "dream job"?
Ahhh I think about this daily and I don’t know exactly what I want to do quite yet… but my “dream” job would essentially be, being Rachel Zoe, whom is a distinguished stylist and editor.
8.    Early bird or night owl?
This changes a lot! But I’d probably say night owl since I have horrible sleeping problems, woof!
9.    Favorite past time?
Visiting my grandpa in Illinois. Some of my favorite childhood memories were spent there. He was a very special man, and I miss him dearly.
10. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would be your first purchase?
A plane ticket to Cabo. A huge group of my friends are going over spring break and if you refer back to question #4, I am saving!
11. Favorite alcoholic drink?
Being newly 21, my favorite alcoholic drink to sip on, keyword “sip”, would be Moscato.

(Whew! The end is in sight I promise!)

1.    If you could live anywhere where would you choose?
New York!!
2.    What is your favorite article of clothing?
Currently, I am obsessed with tutus!
3.    Best movie you've every seen?
I’m not sure it’s the “best” movie I’ve ever seen, but I just watched ‘We are the Millers’, and I don’t think I have laughed so hard in a long time.
4.    Favorite TV show?
Gilmore Girls, no doubt about it.
5.    What inspires you?
I’m inspired from the beauty you can find in everyday life.
6. A quote to live by.
"If you're going to be weird, be confident about it."
7. What’s your favorite type of music?
Right now I’m listening to a lot of different artists that incorporate several different genres in their music. From pop, alternative, rock, to even reggae. I love it all!
8. Favorite social media (facebook, twitter, instagram...)?
Instagram, it’s one of my current obsessions.
9. Why did you start blogging?
Like I mentioned in the first set of questions, the fashion world has always been a special place for me, a sanctuary, and then in turn blogging seemed like the perfect escape!
10. What is a pet peeve of yours?
Call me crazy, but when somebody leaves the cardboard roll of empty toilet paper on the rack. Throw it away!!
11. Coffee or Tea?
Coffee.


{Cue drumroll.... My nominees are:}
1.     Lilly of Daily Craving
2.     Riv Elle of Let The Style Blossom
3.     Samantha of Attraversiamo
4.     Libby of Living the Colorfull Life
5.     Alexandra of Far Above Rubies
6.     Vanessa of Tu Nuevo Look
7. Gabby of Like a Little Fox
8.     Ynna of Le French Kiss
9.     Mayumi of Spice Up Your Beauty
10. Saumya of Myriad Musings
11. Ashleigh of Dazzle by Day

{My 11 Questions:}
1.     Why did you start a blog?
2.     How did you come up with the name of your blog?
3.     Who is your celebrity crush?
4.     If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
5.     Favorite memory?
6.     Favorite book?
7.     Who is your style icon?
8.     Favorite quote?
9.     What would your dream career be?
10.  Favorite place to shop?
11. What inspires you?

If you made it to the end, thanks for reading!

In good faith,
Tess

3 comments:

  1. omg, I love this.
    You shoes though! *_*
    Perfect!
    -Ru
    Glitter And Blush

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thank you so much for nominating me! I just answered your questions and did a blog post about it so please check it out on my blog :)

    http://mayumi1992.blogspot.jp

    Mayumi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!!!!!! Loved your answers and your creative questions!
    Kat | www.poshbykat.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground
UA-57667807-1