You Can Sit With Me

Wednesday, September 24, 2014


In good faith, Tess
In good faith, Tess
Graphic tee | In good faith, Tess
In good faith, Tess
In good faith, Tess
In good faith, Tess
In good faith, Tess
Statement earrings | In good faith, Tess
In good faith, Tess

I. AM. AN. OVERTHINKER.

I sometimes second-guess sending a text, choosing a filter, deleting a tweet.

I sometimes analyze the “real” meaning behind a text from the number of periods and exclamation points used, or worse, lack thereof.

I sometimes cannot sleep because lying in bed only makes my racing thoughts more prevalent.

But lately I have been overthinking, worrying about the future. My thoughts have been consumed with this unknowing fear. And I hate it. I don’t want to sacrifice happiness today, to mourn happiness I may not have tomorrow.

I don’t know what tomorrow will bring, but today I choose to not lose myself in fear.

I don’t know what tomorrow will bring, but today I was able to spend time with family. Someday they won’t always be an hour drive away.

I don’t know what tomorrow will bring, but today I will continue to work towards my goals with passion and determination.

I don’t know what tomorrow will bring, but today I indulged in fried food, and then challenged myself at kickboxing even though I didn’t want to get off the couch.

I don’t know what tomorrow will bring, but today I pray for courage, increased faith, and help to fully trust in Him.

I don’t know what tomorrow will bring, but today I had time to myself, to sit outside, to blog, to reflect, to dream.

I don’t know what tomorrow will bring, but today I realized that regardless of whether I can see what lies ahead, it all depends on the lenses I’m using to see.

I don’t know what tomorrow will bring, but today I am thankful for today.

Today I lived. Today I laughed. Today I hugged. Today I was inspired. Today I loved.
And if there is a tomorrow, today will be a tough one to beat.

I don’t know what tomorrow will bring, but today, today you can sit with me.

In good faith,
Tess


20 comments:

  1. Hello! Greetings from Singapore. You have a very lovely blog. Would you like to follow each other via Google+ and GFC? Let me know at my blog. Keep in touch.

    Shikin Kikin | shikinkikin.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to, thank you Shikin!

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  2. I can totally relate with you - I also overthink a lot! Things I've said, or things I should have said; it drives me crazy sometimes. Anyway, I love your outfit - especially the shirt :)

    Melane | Pure Perspective

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah why do we do this to ourselves? haha thanks for stopping by!

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  3. Such an adorable outfit! Love all the color combo!

    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melanie! Hope you stick around :)

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  4. I love your style, it's so cute.
    Your gold clutch is amazing, goes
    so well with your whole outfit!

    www.lavishingg.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kierra! Hope you follow along! <3

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  5. so inspirational! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madison, I really appreciate it!

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  6. so inspirational is right! both style wise and just personal emotions. love your words and outfit tess!
    xo camille
    www.thelovelytheory.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camille, thank you! Your comment means so much!

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  7. This is such a great post:) So glad to have found your blog!!
    <3
    Daisy | Simplicity Relished

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daisy, I hope you follow along :)

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you, love! I'll be sure to check out your blog!

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen, I'm a little obsessed heh

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground
UA-57667807-1