Let It Go

Tuesday, October 14, 2014


I like to know where I stand.. in regards to my relationships with people or my grades in school, (typically not my bank account, I'm kidding ma.) … I don’t like to feel any uncertainty or doubt.

Sometimes past experiences, people, and events interfere & disrupt my present.
Words unspoken, forgiveness withheld, goodbyes avoided, secrets unknown, acceptance denied, baffled loves, ignored feelings, unfulfilled dreams, personal convictions, disappointing endings.

Why is it so hard to let go… to have a defined ending, and to feel as if there is nothing left unfinished?

When a chapter closes, I sometimes try to hold onto it by holding onto various objects and things… clothes, letters, photos, music, and even places and people.

But by holding onto these things, these people, these memories, I’m left holding onto feelings…. Feelings of love, resentment, anger, joy, guilt, happiness.

I have sometimes rational, or maybe irrational thoughts or getting rid of all “x” thing(s), with the thought that it will make this certain chapter of life that is ending, easier.

Is that selfish?
Is it actually easier?

Life happens, and life will continue to go on whether or not we accept that. But should we let go of the things, the people, the experiences that may no longer have any part of our life, in order to make room for something else?

I don’t believe everything happens for a reason, but I do believe that with everything that happens, we can learn and grow. And whether or not we know it, we may be helping someone else do the same. Yet when do we let go, and how?

I haven’t found out that answer, but I hope I’m getting closer to it.


In good faith,
Tess

6 comments:

  1. Incredible style and blog! :)

    I would like to invite you to my blog! I would be so happy if we support each other on GFC, Facebook and maybe Instagram! I will support you right back, just let me know!

    Blog | Facebook Page | Bloglovin | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Reneta! I would love to check your blog out :) Thanks for stopping by and following!

      In good faith,
      Tess

      Delete
  2. Hey,
    I really like your Blog! Awesome Photos and interesting Stuff. Do you want to support each other and follow via GFC? If yes please tell me and i follow back. Lets stay in touch. :)

    Greetings Sophia xx
    M Y B L O G.
    I N S T A G R A M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just followed back on GFC, Instagram and bloglovin! I wish you a lot of success! xx I would love it if you want to support each other on FB as well, do it and let me know, I will immediately return the favour :)

    Blog | Facebook Page | Bloglovin | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, great post, I liked it a lot.

    you would like to follow us to each other?

    Sibaritismosdeinma

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post:)
    would you like to follow each other on gfc? please let me know on my blog or follow me and i will follow you back:)

    jolahogg.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground
UA-57667807-1